Ling Na is Chinese but was born in Japan. Upon completing international high school in Tokyo, she attended University in the United States where she studied Nutritional Sciences in Los Angeles. Her second studies took her in a different direction. She moved to New York City and studied Interior Architecture, and pursued her professional career in that field.
Subsequently, Ling Na moved to Switzerland after she met her Swiss husband. Whilst raising her family, her interest in Chinese medicine grew, inspired by her father, a renowned Sinologist and Chinese historian, and her mother, who used Chinese herbal therapies as everyday cures.
Ling Na returned to the United States where she completed her Master’s degree in Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, California in 2003 while working for two Chinese herbal pharmacies and obtained first hand experience. After graduation she ran her own practice there for four years.
In 2008, she returned to Switzerland and established her practice in Rapperswil-Jona, where she blends acupuncture and herbal therapies with dietary and life-style advice based on age-old Chinese philosophy.
She speaks English, German, French, Japanese and Mandarin.
Education / License:
- Master Degree in TCM, California, USA, 2003
- L.Ac. – Licensed Acupuncturist in California, 2004
- NCCAOM – National acupuncture license, USA, 2004
- SBO-TCM – Swiss Association of TCM, 2008
- TCM-Fachverband Schweiz
- Alternative health insurance – EMR, Visana, EGK
- Worked in 2 chinese herbal pharmacies, California, 4 years
- Owner, TCM Clinic, California, 4 years
- Owner, TCM Clinic, Rapperswil-Jona, 2008 – present
- Teacher of Continuing Education Courses, Schüle für Körpertherapie,
Zürich and Uzwil, 2009-2012
Lectured Continuing Education Courses :
- Chinese Herbology
- 6 Stagnations and TCM Treatments
- History of Chinese Medicine
- TCM Diagnosis
- Special Acupuncture Points and Combinations
- Menstrual Disorders and TCM Treatments
- Emotional Imbalances and TCM
- Training for the Body Shop employees on new products, Zurich, 2009
- TCM practitioner at FIFA, Zurich, 2011-2012