Gou Ji berries, also known as Gou Qi Zi, are a Chinese medicinal herb now popular around the world due to their benefits, which are listed below.
In Chinese medicine this herb is often combined with other herbs for synergistic effects as treatments.
- increase T-lymphocyte cells or T-cells (part of immune system which helps protect the body from infection and may help fight cancer)
- has immune-stimulant properties to increase non-specific immunity, the defense system which you are born with.
- nourish 'Jing' essence in Chinese medicine, defined as primal, foundational energy reserves of the body that determines one’s ultimate vitality and the quantity and quality of one’s lifespan.
- contain Zeaxanthin, a common carotenoid (a pigment found in high levels in some colorful vegetables and fruits) which improves your vision. Zeaxanthin protects the macula and may reduce risk of age-related maculopathy and cataract. Zeaxanthin is deposited in high quantities in the retina and macula of the eye.
- for dryness and soreness in yin deficiency type (Chinese medical term) of eye disorders.
Increase red blood cells and white blood cells.
Improve low sperm count and poor motility.